FREE Picture Writing Prompts
These 15 FREE picture writing prompts are a great way to engage upper elementary, middle school, or special education students with a quick, easy activity. These require NO PREP, so they make a great last minute resource. They are perfect for your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade students.
This file is meant to be downloaded and then projected on an overhead for the class. It is only available in widescreen format.
You also get all 15 images with an EDITABLE option. This is a PowerPoint file that you can edit to better fit your classroom or homeschool needs. Simply delete the text and verbally give instructions or type in your own writing prompts.
WHAT YOU GET:
- 15 picture writing prompts in PDF format
- all of the picture writing prompts above with an EDITABLE option where you can write your own text in PowerPoint format
- Four response cards for students (in case you want a printable option) in PDF format
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Writing centers, stations, or rotations
- On days when you are short on time for a writing lesson
- On days where students have lost focus and you still want to squeeze some writing in
- When you want to take a break from a larger writing project, but need something engaging to fill the time
- In the special education classroom where too many words or images can overwhelm
- These also could work for Virtual Learning, eLearning, Distant Learning (or Distance Education), e-learning, Online Learning, or Remote Learning situations.
The prompts include these four options -
- If..., what...
- Tell a story about...
- Tell the story of what happens next...
You also get an EDITABLE PowerPoint file so you can type out your own text. This gives you even more options with the 15 prompts included, meaning you could potentially use them multiple times to focus on different types of writing.
Thank you for your interest! Please ask any questions you may have prior to downloading.
~Heather aka HoJo~
- 1 ZIP